Victim of Love

The thoughts and prayers of a soul who deeply desires to Love God as He Himself desires to be Loved.

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

The Conversion of a Saint

Today the Church celebrates the feast of the Conversion of St. Paul. He was knocked off his horse and saw a vision of Our Lord and became one of the most fervent Apostles of the early Church. Well, I didn't get knocked off of a horse, but here's how my conversion went:

About 12 years ago, I was living a very sinful life. I was born Catholic, went to Sunday Mass, and that's about it. I spent my teenage years in all kinds of grievious sin... You name it, I did it... I was miserable and I didn't know why. It didn't help that I knew nothing of my faith, even though I did attend CCD (the teachers didn't know their faith either) and *God* to me was an impersonal blob in the sky.

One day I was left sitting in a friends car for a few minutes (it was his mothers car) and I remember feeling so hopeless. I asked myself, "Is this all there is to life?" I was bored so I turned around to look at what I could find in the back seat and I discovered this little blue prayer book. I had nothing else to do, so I flipped through the pages. Little did I know that this was the beginning of the end of the world as I knew it. I saw some prayers that had promises attached to them - 15 promises to be exact. The book said that they were given in a vision to this person called Saint Bridget of Sweden and the prayers were all about the sufferings of Our Lord during His passion and death on the cross. I became very excited because the promise were awesome and I had no idea that God was so generous.

To make a long story short, I said the prayers every day for a year, just as the book said you had to do to gain the promises, and I received more than I ever imagined... I was led to the fullness of the truth and joy beyond all human expectation! Oh! how I wish I could plunge your soul into mine so that you would instantly know and experience all that I have known and experienced since that happy day, but that's impossible, so you'll just have to wait for Heaven where I will sing the mercies of the Lord forever in the presence of all my dear brothers and sisters who will love and be loved for all eternity!




13 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home