Victim of Love

The thoughts and prayers of a soul who deeply desires to Love God as He Himself desires to be Loved.

Sunday, January 23, 2005

The Loveliness of the Lord

Today at Mass we read Psalm 27... the second verse says:
One thing I ask of the LORD; this I seek: to dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, that I may gaze on the loveliness of the LORD and contemplate his temple.

The Loveliness of the Lord! How can we comprehend it? We have never seen Him face to face, and indeed we could not bear it; for who can see the face of God and live? But we can, as it were, see him through a veil... through the lattices... We can glimpse some of that Infinite Beauty in prayer! The more we go to meet Jesus in prayer, the more He will reveal Himself to us. To what can I compare thee, O most beautiful of men? To an awe-inspiring sunset? To the beauty of a newborn babe? To the glorious rainbow? To a young and tender maiden? No, all of these things fall far short in comparison to You who are God and the Creator of all these things. Think of the most beautiful breathtaking thing that you have ever seen and you will not come close to the Beauty of God!

Oh, what will Heaven be? What will I see when I get there? How will it be to stand before You, my Lord? You who I love with all my heart and above all things! I long to see Your face, O Lord, show me Your face! Reveal to all Your Beauty, Glory, Power, Majesty, and Wisdom so that all may love You and serve You and enjoy You for all eternity!

He asks such a small thing from us: to follow His commandments, and in return He will reward us with more than we can ever imagine or deserve. It will seem like nothing to have lived a long life of suffering when we finally have possession of that glorious reward that He gives to those who love Him! My God, I would do anything to save souls! Anything! Just hold my hand and don't let me offend You and then do what You will with me!



10 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home