Victim of Love

The thoughts and prayers of a soul who deeply desires to Love God as He Himself desires to be Loved.

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Out of the darkness...

and into the LIGHT!

Reading _The Life of Christ_ by Fulton Sheen in the presence of our Eucharistic Lord today I had ample material for meditation...

"The closer a person approaches God, the less worthy he feels. A painting under candlelight shows fewer defects than under the brilliance of the sun; so too souls who are some distance from God feel more certain of their moral integrity than those who are very close to Him... In the presence of the holiest of creatures, the soul becomes self-accusing and broken-hearted with the weight of its defects. As evil men feel their guilt more in the presence of an innocent babe than in the companionship of those who are wicked like themselves, so he who loves God is the most deeply burdened with the sense of his own unworthiness... As dust in the room cannot be seen until the light is let in, so no man can know himself until this Light shows him his true condition." ~ Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

O Lord let me see myself as You see me. Shine your most holy light on my soul and let me see it in all truth... I want to see all that is ugly in me so that I may fight to be rid of it, but only with Your strength and Your grace can I even begin to try. Amen.

9 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home