Victim of Love

The thoughts and prayers of a soul who deeply desires to Love God as He Himself desires to be Loved.

Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Words of Wisdom

Every Wednesday Our Holy Father, Pope John Paul II, gives a catechetical speech to his children - all the faithful throughout the world - and I want to share with you two of his quotes:

"Prayer helps to discover the loving face of God. He never abandons his people but guarantees that, notwithstanding trials and suffering, in the end good triumphs." I have already experienced the truth of these words... Prayer does reveal to one the loving face of God. It is not some extraordinary vision but something very hidden that happens in the heart of the one who is faithful to prayer.

"If one is great, if one exalts oneself and is proud, the Lord does not protect one; if one thinks one is great, the Lord does not have mercy on one; but if one abases oneself, the Lord has mercy on one and protects one." Yes, I want to be humble. I want to be humble like Mary who said, "Behold the handmaid of the Lord. Let it be done unto me as you have said." I know that I have abundant reasons to humble myself and I also know that humility is nothing other than the TRUTH. I am nothing but sin without the grace of God... All the evil that I have done in my life comes from me and all the good that I have done in my life was the good done by Jesus through me. But I also know that the Lord humbles the mighty and exalts the lowly and for this I praise You, my God! How glorious is Your Name through all the earth!

I ask you to say a prayer for our Holy Father, for his health and that he may be with us yet a little while longer.

9 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home