Victim of Love

The thoughts and prayers of a soul who deeply desires to Love God as He Himself desires to be Loved.

Friday, April 08, 2005

Enthronement of the Sacred Heart

Today our parish priest came to our home to enthrone the Sacred Heart of Jesus. I was blessed to have Mass said in my kitchen on the very table that we eat at today. May Jesus reign in our family and be King of our lives. I was so joyful today as I cleaned house to prepare for tonight. The sun was shining, our wisteria bush was in full bloom, the yard was bedecked with buttercups, and I had a special prayer in my heart. It was a prayer similar to one I prayed years ago, a few days after Mother Teresa died. I reflected on the fact that since Pope John Paul II had died there was a lot less Love on this earth than before. With great confidence in God's mercy and knowing full well that when we ask we receive, I begged God to fill my heart with the same amount of Divine Love that the earth had just lost. I also asked the priest to say this prayer for me during the consecration. I feel sure that my prayer was answered. Two things that happened today assure me that it was: This morning my heart was pierced by something someone said to me. This was done to open my heart to receive this Love. After the enthronement I felt humiliated and my soul was filled with bitterness. This is a suffering that is caused by the Fire of God's Love alone. These sufferings seem to come from exterior happenings, but I know better. Also, the priest spoke only about Divine Love during the homily and used Mother Teresa and Our Holy Father as examples. I thank you, O Lord, for Your great mercy and kindness and that You look with Love on such a miserable thing as me.

9 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home