Victim of Love

The thoughts and prayers of a soul who deeply desires to Love God as He Himself desires to be Loved.

Friday, May 20, 2005

A taste of Old Russia

Our homeschool has started a study on Russia and I'm reading a really great book called My Russian Yesterdays by Catherine Doherty. If you want to find out all that you've missed in this materialistic and media saturated culture this book will give you a pretty good idea. I would love to give my children just a little bit of the joy and peace that Catherine received from the simple life these good Russian Catholics lead. I'm also going to look into planting my own herb garden - read the book and you'll see why. These hard-working Russians found God in work, nature, and family.

It's a simple read and can be read in one lazy summer day. I give it five stars! I'll definitely be reading more of Catherine Doherty.

13 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home