Victim of Love

The thoughts and prayers of a soul who deeply desires to Love God as He Himself desires to be Loved.

Thursday, June 09, 2005

Dear Enlightenment,

I will continue to pray for you. I can assure you, I am not addressing an eclipse, but the ONE Who's Love and Beauty, Power and Might overshadows every creature in the universe. (I know this by experience.) If your soul would one day "ecleipo", then I wouldn't bother... but since you have an immortal soul that is priceless - not only will I pray but I would be willing to suffer to lead you into what I am firmly convinced is the Truth.

Catholicism is not Christian Fundamentalism. It is the Way of Love, the Source of Supernatural Life, and it is the Treasurehouse and Guardian of the Truth. It has never threatened civilization, on the contrary, wherever and whenever true Catholicism has flourished so has civilization flourished. The only thing that threatens civilization is sin - and this thing called sin shows itself in numberless ways. It is us - poor, wounded, and hurting human beings - who refuse to seek for Truth and instead seek to gratify our selfish desires who threaten civilization.

Now Enlightenment, of course I have been listening to Pope Benedict XIV's words - he is my Papa.

Regarding Father Thomas Reese - he resigned. I know the media often distorts the news and trys to make those who are speaking out in a way that is not in line with the values of the "world" look bad... Father Jose de Vera (who is the spokesman for the Jesuits in Rome) said that Father Reese decided to resign after talking over the situation with his Jesuit superiors. He became uneasy after Cardinal Ratzinger became Pope because he knew he was not following the teachings of the Church. A person who belongs to the Catholic Church and has the audacity to call themselves Catholic (this is an ordained priest who is also a member of a religious order and had willingly made a vow of obedience) while being totally disobedient to many of its teachings is a hypocrite!

"The issues of the day" are NOT issues with the Catholic Church in that they can dictate what the Church will teach. Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever. What is a sin today will always be a sin and there is NO changing that. Fornication, Adultery, Masturbation, Murder, Divorce, etc. - these things can never be condoned and the Catholic Church is too good a Mother to tell her children that these things are OK. No matter how many tears and tantrums her spoiled children throw - She will not give in to their whims because She Loves them and wants them to experience the fullness of Joy that comes from a clean conscience and friendship with God.

Pope Benedict was a very close friend with Pope John Paul II, but he was not the power behind his throne. The Power behind John Paul's pontificate was Almighty God who instituted the Papacy Himself to speak out and teach the truth of faith and morals. Ratzinger has never craved power... As a matter of fact, several years ago he asked Pope John Paul II to retire. He wanted to spend his later years reading, praying, and writing. Pope John Paul refused. Fast forward to April 2005. On April 20, one day after he was elected Pope, Benedict XVI said, "In my soul there are two contrasting sentiments... a sense of inadequacy and human turmoil for the responsibility entrusted to me... on the other hand... profound gratitude to God who does not abandon His flock, but leads it throughout time, under the guidance of those whom He has chosen as Vicars of His Son, and made Pastors... I consider this a grace obtained for me... by Pope John Paul II. Its seems I can feel his strong hand squeezing mine; I seem to see his smiling eyes and listen to his words... 'Do not be afraid!'... Surprising every prevision I had, Divine Providence called me to suceed this great Pope!"

Pope Benedict is portrayed by the media as "God's Rottweiler". I have seen a very different man who exudes humility and gentleness. He is a very intelligent intellectual, but at the same time he knows he is only a human being who makes mistakes and is unable to fulfill his high calling (which is really only the office of a servant) without the help of God. One of the titles the Church gives the Pope is "Servant of the servants of God."

You go on to quote Pope Benedict on homosexual marriage, homosexual adoption, and the acts of homosexuals. My dear person, he is only speaking what the Church has been teaching since its institution. He is only repeating what God has revealed to us - His beloved children. When I tell my sweet little girl that she cannot have chocolate candy every time she pleases, I'm not telling her this because I hate her. No, I'm telling her this because I Love her and I know that chocolate is not the best thing for her... that it will make her teeth rot, and her blood sugar go up, and it will do nothing to nourish her growing body. She doesn't understand this as all she knows is that it gives her great pleasure, so she cries and stomps her feet and begs... and if it were within her reach she would take it and eat it always. But I say no because I know better, I know it's not good for her. Now one day when she's older and on her own she might choose not to obey the teachings of her mother. She might indulge in all sorts of junk food and become very overweight and have health problems and die an early death because of her gluttony. I will be able to do nothing about because she has her own free will. I tried to teach her, but she just didn't listen and now she pays the consequences. In sort of the same way, God knows better than us. He knows what will hurt us , so He tells us not to do it. Unfortunately, some of us cry and throw a fit when we hear "the voice of conscience". Then we take matters into our own hands and do as we please. The consequences sometimes come along very much later, but believe me, they come; and they come in ways we had never imagined. Again, this is something I know from experience.

It seems you are ignorant of what the Church teaches about homosexuality. (And I'm not calling names here, I acknowledge that I am ignorant of many, many things.) I will quote directly from the Catechism of the Catholic Church here:

"Homosexuality refers to relations between men or between women who experience an exclusive or predominant sexual attraction towards persons of the same sex. It has taken a great variety of forms through the centuries and in different cultures. Its psychological genesis remains largely unexplained. Basing itself on Sacred Scripture, which presents homosexual acts as acts of grave depravity, tradition has always declared that "homsexual acts are intrinsically disordered." They are contrary to the natural law. They close the sexual act to the gift of life. They do not proceed from a genuine affective and sexual complementarity. Under no circumstances can they be approved."

"The number of men and women who have deep-seated homosexual tendencies is not negligible. They do not choose their homosexual condition; for most of them it is a trial. They must be accepted with respect, compassion, and sensitivity. Every sign of unjust discrimination in their regard should be avoided. These person's are called to fulfill God's will in their lives and , if they are Christians, to unite to the sacrifice of the Lord's Cross the difficulties they may encounter from their condition."

"Homosexual persons are called to chastity. By the virtues of self-mastery that teach them inner freedom, at times by the support of disinterested friendship, by prayer and sacramental grace, they can and should gradually and resolutely approach Christian perfection."

In regard to your comment, "There's no such thing as 'woman' in Pope Ratzo's world." I would say that you are completely wrong. "Man" as he used it would mean "Mankind" which means both men, women, and children. This is just common sense. There is much written about the dignity of women in the Catechism and in all the documents of the Church, including the encyclical letters of the Popes down through the ages. The creature (notice I said creature, not God) that we honor (notice I said honor, not worship) above all other creatures is a woman: the Blessed Virgin Mary... a little Jewish girl who was chosen by God to give birth to and nourish and care for God made man in Jesus Christ. Pope Benedict has written, "People have realized that the complete removal of the feminine element from the Christian message is a shortcoming from an anthropological viewpoint. It is theologically and anthropologically important for woman to be at the center of Christianity."

I am so sorry that you or someone you love has had to endure the least bit of "hatred, violence, and persecution." I assure you that those who truly "Love the Lord" have no hatred in their hearts, but only Love.
We hate sin, but love the sinner.
We hate sin because it offends God and hurts the sinner.
We are sinners ourselves, but are striving to be holy with the abundant help of God.

And finally, I do not look at the world through rose-colored glasses - I prefer to look through a very beautiful pair of spectacles called faith. I see you know a bit of German ;.). Pope Benedict's worldview is the same as my worldview - Catholic. As I said before - the truths that Jesus Christ taught have been handed down since the time of the Apostles and they are the same yesterday, today, and forever! To call them medieval is just to repeat a tired old line that the world keeps singing in it's futile attempts to do away with the Catholic Church.

(please excuse my typos... it's late and I'm too tired to read over what I wrote)

Yours truly,
littleone

15 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home